24 Aug Does the FSA and BRC influence your top 10 #ERP requirements?
As a Food and Beverage company in the United Kingdom, how do the FSA and BRC influence your Top 10 ERP manufacturing requirements?
By reason of the number of health incidents being reported due to poor labelling, cross-contamination, and false ingredient declaration, across the global supply chain, it has led to an increase in regulation. For example, the FSA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), with respect to Foreign Supplier Verification Programmes for imports, the setting of a minimum recall standard of 4 hours and the power to conduct a required recall means Foods and Beverage industries must adapt the way they’re managing their industry day by day. This means that in order to stay in business they must run faster. Changing and conserving your current good manufacturing practice (cGMP) is one thing, but changing your current ERP to SAP Business One may be necessary to meet the regulatory demands of today and for the future.
So, if you are looking to replace your current solution(s) look no further! SAP Business One answers your top 10 requirements which you should be adding to your ERP selection checklist:
- Ingredient Declaration and Allergens – calculate nutritional and allergen data, and record supplier certificates and specifications data for Halal, Kosher, Bio categories
- Batch Traceability and Recall – simple and easy to use forward and backward tracking to understand and answer all your batch related questions
- Batch Date and Quality Status Control – shelf life, expiry date, and inspection dates to reduce stock write-offs, and increase business profits, and status control to block batches to be consumed or sold
- Material Consumption – based on a FIFO and/or FEFO basis, and in high volume production backflush traceable products
- Quality Control – manage pre, in-process and post-production quality control checks, batch and serial re-testing and purchase goods receipt to increase product quality and safety
- Recipe Management – create percentage based recipes to include scrap and yield, co-Product, by-product and scrap management – to manage product variation as a result of the production process
- Yield Planning and Analysis – build into your recipe planned yield percentages and method for calculating actual yield
- Complaint management – centralise customers, supplier and internal business complaints into your ERP system, for analysis and business process integration to product returns, financial credits, and quality processes
- Scheduling – optimise the factory based on an allergen vs non-allergen production plan, while keeping to customer delivery dates
- Certificate of Analysis – print general and customer specific certificate of analysis documents for the same batch
To find out more information about how SAP Business One can benefit your business please contact us directly by calling 01202 232268 or send an email to email@example.com