13 Jul Myths of SAP Business One
As you may know, SAP Business One is a popular and respectable ERP solution that can automate key business functions, such as in financials, operations, and human resources. It provides companies with a comprehensive accounting and business management solution that is both affordable and designed specifically to meet the needs of emerging and dynamically growing businesses.
B1 Systems was SAP’s first SAP Business One Services Partner in the UK; there are many myths that surround the use of SAP Business One so we’ve dedicated this article to dispelling the top eight that we commonly hear:
1 – Complexity
- SAP Business One is misinterpreted to be a very complex system in the world of business. However, with a browser based interface, it is very straightforward, as menus can be switched with ease, and all data can be viewed in the same place at the same time. The whole system is designed to be intuitive and will give the user a good experience.
2 – Costs
- It is a common misconception that Business One will cost more than it’s planned. On the hand, with the right approach and guidance, your projects will often be completed under budget and before or on time. It will take time for people to get used to ERP, but with the correct planning and guidelines you can save time and money.
3 – Usability
- You don’t have to be the office 24/7 to make sure you have full control of your business. Instead, real time SMS and Emails can be sent to give you reports while you’re on the move. There are even apps that can be installed to give you full access out of office hours. Also, business one can be customised and can be specific to the user’s needs.
4 – Human Resources
- Sometimes people will think that a big team of people is needed in order to run efficiently. However, this is not the case. A smaller team of more dedicated people will be much more efficient than a big team.
5 – SAP is only for big companies
- The myth is that SAP is only efficient for bigger companies. The truth is smaller and medium sized companies are using it just as successfully. SAP Business One gives companies of all sizes the ability to compete on a similar level and equal terms with globally ‘more successful’ companies in today’s increasing global markets.
6 – Users need to know how the system works immediately
- Users think that it is important to know how every bit of the system works before the system goes live – this isn’t the case though – users can actually learn SAP quickly within their job requirements. There is an option for “on the job” training to allow users to learn how to correct their own mistakes.
7 – Time
- The myth describes that it takes a minimum of a year to implement SAP, and by this time there could be new programs etc. to replace it with. The reality of this is that across many industries, SAP projects manage to come in under the time limit because ultimately, the use is more organised.
8 – Functionality
- The myth is once SAP goes live it could stop working. The reality of this is that SAP works perfectly fine as long as you can successfully leverage its best built in practices and processes, to get the best out of it that is possible – using it to its advantages. Users can pick up the system and everything that surrounds it quickly. This could boost productivity in the work place, with more people being busy, and no time is wasted.
To find out more information about how SAP Business One can benefit your business please contact us directly by calling 01202 232268 or send an email to email@example.com